Table of Contents
What is Bom Sabado?
In Portuguese language Bom Sabado means ‘Good Saturday’. But it was really a very bad Saturday for most of the Orkut users as this Bom Sabado virus hacked the user accounts of many Orkut users, mostly of India and Brazil. Portuguese is the also the official language of Brazil. So the Virus was mostly targeted on Brazilian users.
How Bom Sabado virus attacked or Hacked Orukt users?
Orkut users affected by Bom Sabado virus are automatically posting virus scraps on the other orkut users’ scrapbook and also adding them to new Orkut groups. Within a short period of time this virus was spread to the accounts of many Orkut users. You don’t need to click any links to be infected by this Virus, but a near watching of an infected orkut profile or scrapbook with Bom Sabado virus is more than enough to get your account hacked.
What to do if my Orkut account has been hacked by Bom Sabado Virus?
If you found that your Orkut account has been hacked,
- Don’t get panic!
- Do not login Orkut from PC at this time.
- Clear cache, cookies and history from web browser
- Login Orkut by visiting http://m.orkut.com/ only from your mobile phone.
- Revert your theme/style back to the old Orkut layout
- Delete all the scraps with the message ‘Bom Sabado’
- Un-join from Brazilian communities if you have any doubts on them.
- Change your Orkut account password
- Logout from Orkut
- Have a coffee and relax
How to stay safe from Bom Sabado Orkut Virus?
- The best thing to be stay safe from this new orkut virus Bom Sabado is not to login orkut, till Orkut team has fixed this security loophole.
- Do not tell your friends to login orkut till Orkut team has fixed this.
- Spread this article to all your Orkut friends through email, facebook, twitter etc and help them to be stay safe from this new Orkut vulnerability.
- Share/Bookmark this page and visit this page for further updates on this issue.
This is the second major XSS (cross-site scripting) attack on social networking websites. Few days back, the largest XSS attack was there on twitter popularly known as OnMouseOver Twitter Attack which hacked the accounts of many twitter users.
Update: Orkut staffs have already fixed this security loophole! Now you can browse and enjoy Orkut as usual as before from any Web browsers or mobile browsers. Happy Orkutting!