Today a new security flaw known as ‘onmouseover’ attacks thousands of online Twitter users. This post describes everything about this new twitter security flaw and how to stay safe from it. As you know Twitter is an online micro-blogging platform loved by all internet users. Everyday Twitter is facing more and more new security flaws.
Some of the Twitter users are brilliantly making use of this new loophole to create tweets that contain blocks of colors (known as “rainbow tweets”). Because these twitter messages can hide their true content they might prove too hard for some twitter users to resist clicking on them.
How to stay safe from Onmouseover Security Flaw Attack on Twitter?
- Do not use Twitter from twitter website.
- Use Twitter from mobile applications or from desktop applications like Tweetdeck, Seesmic, Dabr etc
- Tweet this post and share it with all your friends and relatives and protect them from being attacked by this through twitter, facebook etc
What to do if ‘onmouseover’ Security Flaw Attacked me/my Twitter profile?
- Login Twitter only from third-part applications like Tweetdeck, Seesmic, Dabr etc
- Change the password of your twitter account
- Spread this new twitter attack to all your friends and relatives
Update: Twitter has announced in their official blog that this security loophole has been fixed and twitter users can browse and enjoy twitter from web interface without any further security issues.