The computer performs five basic operations to carry out any task and they are Input, Process, Output, Storing and Controlling. Most of you might be knowing about these basic operations. This article will give you a quick information about the basic operations of a computer.
- Input: It is the process of capturing or acquiring the information, or it is the process of accepting data or information, by using input the computer can do any process.
- Process: It is the transformation process to convert the input into output.
- Output: It is the result, which comes from the transformation process or it is the outcome of the process.
- Storing: It is the process of storing or retaining the data or information or instructions, so that the user can retain and retrieve it whenever required.
- Controlling: It is the process of directing the manner and sequence in which all the operations are to be performed.